This is the Gravity © Ragnarok Online Development Team.
This notice concerns "New Ragnarok, the 3rd Generation", the Ragnarok Renewal and more.
In July 24th 2008, the Ragnarok Renewal server has opened, and through testing, and feedback gathered from various online and offline gatherings, and user opinion surveys, the renewal test has progressed much since then.
The Ragnarok Renewal brings many great changes, such as the addition of 3rd classes, the raised level limit, and many changes to the game system and mechanics, and while the feel is a little different than before, we're convinced you'll enjoy this itteration of Ragnarok.
Date: June 17th, 2009 - Scheduled Maintenance
Renewal Update Contents
[Basic System Changes]
- Breaking the level limit (Max level increased from level 99 to level 150)
- Required experience for leveling up has decreased
- Experience and Drop values change based on character level.
- Skill casting time changed.
- Physical and magical attack power formula changed.
- Physical and magical defense power formula changed.
- Hit and evasion formula changed.
- Attack speed formula changed.
- Critical attack formula has changed.
- Simplified job change.
[Additional System Improvements]
- Quest Notice Icons
- Storage Update
- Skill Shortcut Window Improvement
- Hotkey and System Command Remapping
- Improved Novice Training Grounds
- Leveling Tutorial Series Quests Added
- User Interface Improvement
- Buff Timers Added
- Skill cooldown and aftercast delay indication Added
- Party System Update (Planned for testing on Sakray R on 6/17)
- Updated Over-Refining System (Planned for testing on Sakray R on 6/17)
- Improved Monster AI
- Monster Releveling / Arrangement Changes
- Quest difficulty and compensation adjustments
- Existing skill rebalancing
- Existing defense values of equipment have changed
* Character's will be allowed to take a one time Stat and Skill reset.
With great effort from all, through the Ragnarok Renewal we hope to bring you a continuously improved Ragnarok Online experience. To all our existing customers and newcommers to Ragnarok Online, we are proud to receive your support.
© Gravity - Ragnarok Online Development Team
[Basic Systen Changes]
* Breaking the Level Limit
The maximum level has increased from level 99, and max stats increased to 120.
See if you can reach these new heights.
* Decreased Experience Required for Leveling
The amount of experience required to level has decreased.
Escape the tedium of grinding, allowing you to enjoy Ragnarok more.
* Experience and Drop Changes Based on Target Level
Based on the player's and targets level, you'll receive a bonus (or penalty) to experience.
Depending on how much your levels vary, you can gain between 140% experience max, to a minimum of 10%.
Item drops vary from 100% max to a minimum of 50%. (Boss monsters are excluded)
* Skill Casting Time Change
The addition of Fixed casting prevents you from obtaining instant cast through your stats.
The fixed casting portion of casting can be reduced via specialized skills and items.
The variable cast time is influenced by your stats, items, and equipment.
* Physical and Magical Attack Power Formula Changed
Physical Attack - Equipment Attack power now has a higher weighting than status attack power. However, with both high status and equipment attack power, you can do even more damage.
Magical Attack - Magic weapons now give a fixed amount of magic attack power, with rod type weapons being the strongest for casting.
* Physical and Magical Defense Formula Changed
The original % reduction system has been changed, and defense limit has been increased.
* Hit and Evasion Formula Changed
The stats that increase hit and evasion have increased, and the base numerical value has increased.
* Attack Speed Formula Changed
Because of demand for faster attacking and faster attack speed, the attack speed formula has changed and the upper limit has increased.
* Critical Formula Changed
Criticals have changed from regular attacks that bypass defense to strong damaging attacks. With the changes, we hope that Critical based characters can level on a wider variety of maps.
* Simplified Job Change
First class job change quests have been removed, once you reach the required job level of 10, you can change directly into your desired occupation.
[Additional System Improvements]
* Quest Notice Icons
NPC's that advance or start quests will display on the minimap, and an emoticon will be displayed for the NPC. While at first only new quests will have this feature, eventually all quests will be updated.
* Storage Update
Currently storage is only organized on consumable/equipment/other, but now these types are expanded into consumable/cash items/armor/weapon/ammunition (arrows, bullets, etc)/cards/other. Additionally, you can also chose to sort your storage alphabetically or search your storage.
* Skill Shortcut Window Improvement
The skill shortcut window has been expanded from 3 lines to 4, and you can now display all 4 skill rows at once. Also added is the new quick slot. (The 4th shortcut row and quick slot will be added to Sakray R on June 17th)
* Hotkey and System Command Remapping
In the new Shortcut Key Options Window, you can now remap all your shortcut keys and system commands to whatever key combination you'd like.
* Improved Novice Training Ground
The tutorial portion of the quest has been improved and amusing and easy to understand illustrations added. We hope this will make it a little easier to get into the world of Ragnarok. Also, there is a new 1st job skill trial program, and job change time has also decreased.
* Leveling Tutorial QUests Added
From level 11 to 85, a new series of tutorial quests are added, that guide players to appropriate hunting zones and provide useful rewards.
* User Interface Improvement
Unused shortcuts have been removed, the interface windows have been joined, the size is smaller, and should be easier to use.
* Buff Timers Added
Beside each buff icon is a timer bar that indicates its remaining duration.
* SKill Cooldown and Aftercast Delay Indication
When using a skill, the Cooldown and Aftercast Delay are displayed on the skill shortcut window by graying out skills that cannot be used.
Credits for translation: Doddler