Hello, this is the Ragnarok Online development team.
The following are the details of June 17th's scheduled maintenance.
- Main Servers: 2:00am - 12:30pm (10 hours 30 minutes)
* During this time billing on the homepage will be unavailable. Please wait until after maintenance to perform any billing activities. * During this maintenance the homepage will be updated so logging in will also be unavailable.
- The renewal update is applied. Please familiarize yourself with the renewal update by reading the notices on the homepage. Under the notices section there is a full listing of system changes, skill changes, and a renewal related Q & A.
- 3-1 class update is applied. In order to change to 3rd job you'll need to be 2nd job (trans or non trans), base 99, and at least job 50.
* Job Change Start Locations * Warlock - Morroc 8 o'clock direction near the destroyed wall, and Splendide northwest environment near the purifier. Arch Bishop - Prontera Sanctuary Ranger - Turtle Island Mechanic - Juno Center Plaza Rune Knight - Prontera Pub Guillotine Cross - Morroc Secret Bar
- The cash item assumptio scrolls are no longer being sold. * Already purchased assumptio scrolls will retain their damage-50% effect.
- Corrected the demi-human damage options on some glorious weapons.
- From 6/17 ~ 7/1 the netcafe Burning event brings Gold Netcafe members +20% experience.
Sakray R Test Server
- Party Improvement System
* Parties of 3 or more people will receive increased experience. * The party creation update system is added. (You can't change the party settings after starting a party without leaving, so be careful)
- Refine System has been updated
* The test NPC Jenny has items required for refining (be sure to refine at the 'Holgrehen' NPC near the kafra in the south end of prontera). * You can now refine items past +10. Refine can now go up to +20, but require a unique refining item. * Weapons that goes above +15 will receive greatly increased effect. * Refined weapons now increase the MATK of the weapon as well as regular ATK. This includes regular refines (+10 and below). * Defense rate of upgrades has changed from 0.7 def per upgrade to 1 defense. This includes regular refines. * Items that fail upgrading from 1 ~ 10 will still vanish if broken. Items refined at +10 and above that fail are downgraded 3 levels. ex) +13 Katana on refine fail -> becomes +10 Katana.
* In order to properly test 3-2 classes, we have no intention of wiping the Sakray R server.
Please familiarize yourself with these points before logging in.
Credits for translation: Doddler
Jun 16 2009, 11:54 AM
It's time to port them.
Jun 16 2009, 12:00 PM
What about If I refine a +11 Katana on refine fail -> becomes +8 Katana ?
Jun 16 2009, 12:32 PM
QUOTE (Lai @ Jun 17 2009, 01:00 AM)
What about If I refine a +11 Katana on refine fail -> becomes +9 Katana ?
Items refined at +10 and above that fail are downgraded 3 levels.
So, it will be +8... Nice updates though.. What about the refine rate? To reach +10, the chances of failing still the same?
Jun 16 2009, 12:43 PM
Itl become a +8 Katar.
Well im happy to see the 4th shortcut bar finally fully added. Im goina test this out in eAthena once a diff comes out. Adding it will be easy since just 1 setting needs to be changed to support it. But im wondering what that quick slot is. Now even tho the renewal systems are finally being added to the official server's, I wouldnt jump to anything seeing as the patch from a week ago had changed some attack and defense formula's. I dont know if thats goina be in the main server's after the maintenance. Im sure their still working on the mechanic's for the system and also some other things. So im sure things like some mechanic formulas in the official will change in the future once testing for new formulas are completed in the renewal server.
No need to rush into anything right now. Plus we would kinda need a certain thing to get info directly from.
Jun 16 2009, 01:03 PM
QUOTE (Rytech @ Jun 16 2009, 02:43 PM)
Im goina test this out in eAthena once a diff comes out. Adding it will be easy since just 1 setting needs to be changed to support it.
Wouldn't the whole new interface be needed to add that, though? Which is a good thing, since it's awesome. I wonder if it could be added to (almost) any server without problems.
About the update, lol at +20 items. I wonder if they're going to change the current refine chances and/or change the current cards that depend on refine. I also hope they fixed Mechanics before adding them in the main servers :(
Jun 16 2009, 01:21 PM
1 Refine = +1 DEF? 10x Items at +20 = +200 DEF.
I'm assuming DEF over 100 will be added to VIT DEF or a variation thereof. I see no need for items to be refinable up to +20.
Jun 16 2009, 02:04 PM
Armor defense is no longer percentage based I thought So it's just 200 def.
Jun 16 2009, 04:08 PM
I don't know about you guys but I really didn't like the refining update =X. +10 is great...and it is 10% chance...So +20...1%?
Jun 16 2009, 06:17 PM
The original % reduction system has been changed, and defense limit has been increased.
i guess it will be around 200-250, so the refining update is ok, but yeah, what are the % for refining, +20 with only 1% isn't what i'd want to be seeing... i like the safe mechanism for refining though))
Jun 17 2009, 12:13 AM
QUOTE (Rytech @ Jun 16 2009, 09:49 AM)
- Added 4th skill shortcut row.
YESSSS!!! Just what was needed.
Jun 17 2009, 12:53 AM
* You can now refine items past +10. Refine can now go up to +20, but require a unique refining item. * Weapons that goes above +15 will receive greatly increased effect.
They even have official art for the classes too! :OOOOOOOO
This is just so cool XDD
Jun 17 2009, 12:55 PM
Well I was goina test out the interface and the 4th skill bar, but none of those systems are in the latest Sakray client, and probely will never be in it since Sakray is mainly a old mechanics test server. Seeing that the renewal mechanics and systems are now officially in the main kRO server, it wont be long until the Sakray test server is shutdown since it no longer has a use. Once that happens, bye bye Sakray clients.
Jun 17 2009, 12:59 PM
QUOTE (Gankz @ Jun 17 2009, 12:45 PM)
They even have official art for the classes too! :OOOOOOOO
This is just so cool XDD
FUCK, THAT MEANS ALL DESIGNS ARE FINAL ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
and don't even tell me that I'll "grow to like them" because IT HAS BEEN YEARS AND I STILL HATE TRANS since the day I saw them and said "OH GOD WHAT"*
* Exceptions being LK, pally, and biochem who I have loved at first sight anyway. Fuck the rest.
Jun 17 2009, 01:46 PM
Dont worry Rytech.... im already working on adding support for the 4th skill bar but in fact theres 2 new things the 4th skill bar and the 2 quick slots..... also we will need someone to translate the interface... and the msgstringtable.txt.....
Jun 17 2009, 02:42 PM
QUOTE (Rytech @ Jun 17 2009, 09:55 PM)
Seeing that the renewal mechanics and systems are now officially in the main kRO server, it wont be long until the Sakray test server is shutdown since it no longer has a use. Once that happens, bye bye Sakray clients.
why would they close sakray? it's a test server and the only way to keep players interested is to add new stuff, and that needs testing first, so i guess sakray will always be there
Jun 17 2009, 02:47 PM
I thought they had a "sakray R" test server so to speak. I doubt they'd completely get rid of test servers however.
Jun 17 2009, 03:01 PM
oh, sakray R, maybe)
Jun 17 2009, 03:05 PM
I was talking about Sakray, the orginal old Sakray, not Sakray R the renewal test server.
Jun 17 2009, 03:06 PM
In fact, we, "eAthena-RO" Players, do not need Sakray anymore. Gravity is in a hastle with the updates, they are taking updates to the main servers faster than ever, so...
Jun 17 2009, 05:08 PM
Sigh. More third-class teasing. ;.; Maybe -someday- us private server folks will be able to use them. Someday. I'm gauging it around when 4th classes come out at this point.
Jun 18 2009, 02:46 AM
If we are to go by JGuy's words, why even continue attempting to bridge the gap between Renewal and eAthena?
Jun 18 2009, 04:25 AM
It's not Jguys decision wether working on Renewal or not, it's the Dev's decision.
Jun 18 2009, 12:10 PM
I see, but he sure seemed as if he spoke for the Devs. or was it simply that he was speaking on what he felt was the/his observation.
Jun 18 2009, 01:43 PM
So, wait, eAthena isn't even going to implement the third classes? Did I read that right? Or...?
Jun 18 2009, 02:03 PM
Maby eA will maby eA wont. we will see in the future
Au R oN
Jun 18 2009, 07:26 PM
Shame on Gravity, they changed the RO Style game... and this will be the reason that will fail the game.
Jun 18 2009, 08:55 PM
I think as a player of RO for so many years, changes of this magnitude were definitely expected. RO in a sense, must change, because the MMORPG game style has also evolved, yet RO has and will keep so many of the elements that make it absolutely unique. I guess a totally different topic could be created discussing this so I'll stay on topic lol.
Jun 30 2009, 11:30 AM
refines over +10 are exaggerated, but we would soon get used to it because it's the official thing D: