Ammunition

eAthena Trunk:
Last Update:

Old Card Album Old Blue Box Old Purple Box

Skills

eAthena Support Board > 4/14/2010 kRO Maintenance
Rytech
Common Patch

- Corrected the Arch Bishop skill 'Adoramus' to not cause duplicate agi down effect.

-Adjusted skill balance on some Warlock skills.

* Jack Frost
o Damage formula modified.
o Fixed so it would still deal damage when 'Freezing' status is not applied.
* Chain Lightning
o Damage formula is modified.
* Soul Expansion
* Crimson Rock

Main Server Patch

- Mousing over the status icons on the right side will now show you additional details.

- Adjusted the usage of the notification option of the party recruiting system.

- In game options are now saved to a local file. The options are saved to RO Folder\data\OptionInfo.lua. Copying OptionInfo.lua and UserKeys.lua over to a different install will restore all your in game settings and key configuration.

Sakray Test Server

- Added the Sorcerer Spirit skills. As a result the sorcerer skill tree and tree window arrangement have been updated.

- Boss monsters that are not MVP bosses will now be subject to the level adjustment for experience/drops.

- The maximum level difference for an even share party has increased from 10 levels to 15 levels. Additionally, the monster level experience adjustment is also adjusted.

- Improved the skill tree window usage. Now when you click on a skill it will now automatically select all of the prerequisites that go along with it (if you have enough skill points). Also, when mousing over a skill that has prerequisites, it will now show the required skill level of those prerequisites.

Credits for translation: Doddler
DeePee
QUOTE (Rytech @ Apr 13 2010, 11:58 AM) *
- Skill Tree window is improved.
Click on the skills currently held at the parent is automatically the skills necessary skill points

If that means what I think it means, that's really awesome.
Rytech
First post has been updated.
Brainstorm
- In game options are now saved to a local file. The options are saved to RO Folder\data\OptionInfo.lua. Copying OptionInfo.lua and UserKeys.lua over to a different install will restore all your in game settings and key configuration.

Really good news, finally they did that.
DeePee
- Improved the skill tree window usage. Now when you click on a skill it will now automatically select all of the prerequisites that go along with it (if you have enough skill points). Also, when mousing over a skill that has prerequisites, it will now show the required skill level of those prerequisites.

This is awesome.
Epoque
I'm glad they've added the functionality for the skill pre-requisites auto-investment. Sometimes I have to spend a good 1~2 minutes just trying to work out which skill I haven't invested in to unlock one skill. This will save a lot more time.

The OptionInfo.lua configuration is a God-send too. I've got RO saved on multiple computers, and being able to transfer the configuration now will be a hell of a lot easier smile.gif
Ziu
QUOTE (Rytech @ Apr 13 2010, 09:58 AM) *
- The maximum level difference for an even share party has increased from 10 levels to 15 levels. Additionally, the monster level experience adjustment is also adjusted.

It's good...

Level up all monster?....
Epoque
QUOTE (Ziu @ Apr 13 2010, 11:02 PM) *
QUOTE (Rytech @ Apr 13 2010, 09:58 AM) *

It's good...

Level up all monster?....

I expect Gravity experienced some issues, with players partying together and going for higher level monsters (and effectively receiving around 20% of the regular experience). When they implemented the experience boosters, a lot of levelling tiers were messed up. When parties would have usually gone for higher levels (let's say, 40,000 EXP monsters), the tiers nerfed the experience due to their low levels (around to about 15-20,000 EXP). So effectively, players were always gaining around the same experience (causing levelling to be very stable, but very tunnel-visioned).

They've probably decreased the nerfs / boosts given by levelling in order to grant the players that bit more freedom when levelling in parties.
FCFHanney
QUOTE (DeePee @ Apr 13 2010, 10:21 AM) *
QUOTE (Rytech @ Apr 13 2010, 11:58 AM) *
- Skill Tree window is improved.
Click on the skills currently held at the parent is automatically the skills necessary skill points

If that means what I think it means, that's really awesome.

/slur

This is a godsend.
Chilly
QUOTE (Rytech @ Apr 13 2010, 10:58 AM) *

i hope this means we will get 140% or more exp for killing monsters that are 11 to 15 levels higher than us, instead of only getting 40%~
Denken

i think that i will return to play xd..
Rytech
Time for this week's report on the patch files, and you may wanna sit down for this one. We have seen this coming and its finally happened.

First the important stuff as usual. A big hand full of lub files was released. The client had a major size decrease again, and you know what that means.....yes new lub files. The 3 new lub files that were added are named skillid, skillinfolist, and skilldescript. Skill info controls the assigning of skills tags to each of their ID's, which is something im sure many have been waiting for. Now for the unexpected nut kicker/buster. The skillinfolist file holds the info for all the skill names and replaces the old skillnametable.txt. The skilldescript file holds the desc's and details for the skills and replaces the skilldesctable2.txt. This mean the skillnametable.txt and skilldesctable2.txt text files are probably no longer supported.

As for the other lub's, updated lubs that were added are the chatwndinfo, optioninfo, optioninfo_f, jobinheritlist, skillinfo_f, skilltreeview, hotkey, and msgstring_kr. The skill files had some huge major changes as if they were entirely redone. One thing does make me think, like no updated leveluseskillspamount.txt was released and I KNOW those new Sorcerer skills are level selectable. So if one wasn't released, then maybe their now also placed in those new lub files? Gravity sure have been busy.

Enough lub talk, time for the other juicy stuff. New dye palette's were added. Appears to be marked 0 - 3 meaning 4 new for many of the classes. I translated a few files names and got names like Archer, Warlock, Guillotine Cross, Ranger, and I think I got a Assassin Cross translation too. Not sure but it looks like new dyes were added for most or all jobs.

Finally, stuff about the elemental spirits. I was able to see the sprites and they look beautiful. Very detailed, very colorful, nicely animated. If anyone can, please get some animated gif rips. The skill icons for the new sorcerer skills are reused sage icons, being abra and elemental converter for nearly all the skills (probably temporary for now). Now as for the desc's for the elemental spirit skills, the only info about them shows in a new book added to the book reading system.

Here's a translation from book number 11056, the Sorcerer's Elemental Spirits Guide thanks to Doddler...

---- Fire Spirit Agni Chapter ----

By ordering your summoned fire spirits using the "Spirit Control" ability, you can control what actions your spirit performs.

[Assist Me]
i - Pyrotechnic : Increases damage of fire bolt and Fire Wall.

ii - Heater : Increases damage of fire walk.
Increases the heal of the Warmer skill a little.
Slightly increases damage of Psychic Wave.
Changes the damage property of Psychic Wave to fire.

iii - Tropic : When the summoner attacks, adds a chance to auto spell fire bolt.
Using Flame Launcher or Volcano have a 50% chance of not consuming a Red Blood or Yellow Gemstone.

[Protect Me]
i - Circle of Fire : Creates a circle of fire around the summoner, which causes damage to enemies who attack the summoner.

ii - Fire Cloak : Increases resistance to fire property attacks, lowers resistance to water property attacks.

iii - Fire Mantle : Creates a powerful firewall around the summoner.

[Attack My Enemy]
i - Fire Arrow : Fires a fire arrow at a single target dealing fire elemental damage.

ii - Fire Bomb : Fires a fire bomb at a target dealing fire elemental damage in an area around it.
Or deals fire elemental magic damage.

iii - Fire Wave : Fires a wave of fire at a target dealing fire elemental damage in an area around it.
O the target takes large fire elemental magic damage.

---- Water Spirit Aqua Chapter ----

By ordering your summoned water spirits using the "Spirit Control" ability, you can control what actions your spirit performs.

[Assist Me]
i - Aqua Play : Increases cold bolt and Frost Diver damage.

ii - Cooler : Slightly increases the freezing chance of diamond dust.
Slightly increases the damage of Diamond Dust.
Slightly increases the damage of Psychic Wave.
Changes the damage property of Psychic Wave to water.

iii - Cool Air : When the summoner attacks, adds a chance to auto cast Cold Bolt.
Frost Weapon and Deluge skills have a 50% chance of not consuming a crystal blue/yellow gemstone.

[Protect Me]
i - Water Screen : Heals the summoner a set amount of HP.
For a short period of time damage will be redirected to the Aqua.

ii - Water Drop : Increases resistance to water property, while lowering your resistance to fire.

iii - Water Barrier : Generates a barrier around the caster of water. While in this barrier, physical and magic damage are reduced. However, evasion and attack power are also reduced.

[Attack my Target]
i - Ice Needle : Strikes a single target for water elemental magic damage.

ii - Water Screw : Strikes a single target for water elemental magic damage.
Or damages all enemies in a radius around the target.

iii - Tidal Weapon : For a short period of time changes the summoner and the spirit's weapon to water property.
Increases the elemental's attack power.
Or causes large water element damage on 1 target.

---- Wind Spirit Ventus Chapter ----

By ordering your summoned wind spirits using the "Spirit Control" ability, you can control what actions your spirit performs.

[Assist Me]
i - Gust : Increases damage of Lightning Bolt and Thunder Storm.

ii - Blast : Increases damage of electric walk.
Increases damage of Vartyr Spear.
Increases damage of Psychic Wave.
Changes the damage property of Psychic Wave to wind property.

iii - Wild Storm : When the summoner attacks, adds a chance to auto cast Lightning Bolt.
When casting Lightning Loader or Violent Gale, has a 50% chance of not consuming the Wind of Verdure or Yellow Gem.

[Protect Me]
i - Wind Step : When activated, teleports the summoner. Increases the summoners movement speed and evasion for a period of time.

ii - Wind Curtain : Increases wind element resistance, lowers earth element resistance.

iii - Zephyr : Creates a barrier of wind around the summoner. In this barrier, it increases evasion and blocks ranged attacks. Also has a small chance to completely block phsyical and magic damage.

[Attack My Enemy]
i - Wind Slasher : Strikes a target at long range with a blade of wind, causing wind element damage and bleeding status.

ii - Hurricane Rage : Attacks a target at long range with wind element magic damage.
Or deals physical damage to all targets nearby.

iii - Typhoon Missile : Attacks a target at long range with wind element damage.
Or deals additional wind element magic damage and causes silence status.

---- Earth Spirit Terra Chapter ----

By ordering your summoned earth spirits using the "Spirit Control" ability, you can control what actions your spirit performs.

[Assist Me]

i - Petrology - Increases probability of Stone Curse.
Increases damage of Earth Spike and Heaven's Drive skills.

ii - Cursed Soil - Cloud Kill Max damage increased.
Poison buster damage increased.
Earth Grave damage increased.
Psychic Wave damage increased.
Changed the elemental property of Psychic Wave to Earth.

iii - Upheaval : When the summoner attacks, adds a chance of autocasting Earth Spike.
When using Seismic Weapon has a 50% chance of not consuming the Yellow Live.

[Protect Me]

i - Solid Skin : Increases the defense and max HP of the summoner.

ii - Stone Shield : Increases Earth element resistance, lowers fire element resistance.

iii - Power of Gaia : Creates a barrier of earth around the summoner.
Within the barrier you cannot receive bleeding or petrification status.
For a fixed time increases Max HP and Defense, but lowers movement speed.

[Attack My Enemy]

i - Stone Hammer : Attacks a single target for earth element damage and causes stun status.

ii - Rock Launcher : Strikes a target with earth element damage and lowers their defense.
Or strikes a target with earth element magic damage and lowers movement speed.

iii - Stone Rain : Drops rocks down on a target dealing earth element damage to a target and targets nearby.
Or deals earth element damage and causes stun status.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats perty much all their is to say for now. Now that skills are assigned to their ID's through lub's, it looks like there's no need to scan the clients for anything new except for new jobs. Looks like official clients are now closer to being fully customizable. Only thing xray can do that RE clients cant is allow custom hairstyles and pets. Correct me if im wrong.
Ai4rei
Animated Elemental Spirits
JakeRed
Here is somes screenshot ingame from these new summon

Elliott
finally some sprites i can rip for a sheet
it's been since december that something new came up
2lits
love it. Hope it will be implemented on 3ceam soon. ^^
Brainstorm
Cool, means we can finally do a decent summoner class.
suchiama

Rytech
QUOTE (2lits @ Apr 14 2010, 08:58 AM) *

I would probably start on it if I could, but noone in the team has a sorcerer. If anyone does have a sorcerer on the RE server, feel free to share.
[NITRO]FOX
QUOTE (Rytech @ Apr 14 2010, 04:29 PM) *

I would probably start on it if I could, but noone in the team has a sorcerer. If anyone does have a sorcerer on the RE server, feel free to share.

Work but what is this back and do what comes forward.
Sura without skills such as we organize ourselves.
Rytech
QUOTE ([NITRO]FOX @ Apr 14 2010, 09:37 AM) *

I dont understand what you said, but im guessing your asking about when were goina do the Sura skills. One of the team members is allready working on getting a sura and he will be the one adding the skills for them. Im supposed to be doing sorcerer's but all my charactor slots are filled and I cant delete any of them to make a sorcerer.
ipek
QUOTE (Rytech @ Apr 14 2010, 06:26 PM) *

I dont understand what you said, but im guessing your asking about when were goina do the Sura skills. One of the team members is allready working on getting a sura and he will be the one adding the skills for them. Im supposed to be doing sorcerer's but all my charactor slots are filled and I cant delete any of them to make a sorcerer.

I have a renewal account and I think Chilly made there a Sorcerer. I think I can borrow it ;-)
Chilly
QUOTE (ipek @ Apr 14 2010, 05:47 PM) *

I have a renewal account and I think Chilly made there a Sorcerer. I think I can borrow it ;-)

yep! but let me use up the exp manuals first (cant storage them) before resetting skills on it please, i barely have enough skill points to get the max lvl of 1 summon right now. >_<

also i hate how the new client doesnt read from the skilldesctable2.txt file anymore, after each maintenance i usually make a backup of the rdata.grf and use a grf editor to put english versions of files like skilldesctable2.txt, idnum2itemdisplaynametable.txt, questid2display.txt, etc. in the grf and basically play kro in english. now i gotta wait for a translation of the new skilldescript.lub to have the skills display in english again. =(
Rytech
QUOTE (Chilly @ Apr 14 2010, 03:25 PM) *

yep! but let me use up the exp manuals first (cant storage them) before resetting skills on it please, i barely have enough skill points to get the max lvl of 1 summon right now. >_<

also i hate how the new client doesnt read from the skilldesctable2.txt file anymore, after each maintenance i usually make a backup of the rdata.grf and use a grf editor to put english versions of files like skilldesctable2.txt, idnum2itemdisplaynametable.txt, questid2display.txt, etc. in the grf and basically play kro in english. now i gotta wait for a translation of the new skilldescript.lub to have the skills display in english again. =(

You could of just used the "read data folder first" patch and tossed them in the data folder, or use the "read multiple grf's" and edit the DATA.INI files to read a grf with the skill descs in it first, followed by rdata.grf and then data.grf. Tho it sounds like you used a undiffed client.
Waeyan
2010-04-14 now ignores
skilldesctable2.txt
skillnametable.txt
leveluseskillspamount.txt

so yeah you'll have to wait for the translated skilldescript and skillinfolist lua files
Chilly
i cant get the client to load when i diff it that way, sometimes it wont even load if certain files i changed in the grf are a different size/outdated. im either doing something wrong or gravity has a way to check if you modify the files before loading the client. =(
Brainstorm
QUOTE (Rytech @ Apr 14 2010, 05:48 PM) *
QUOTE (Chilly @ Apr 14 2010, 03:25 PM) *

You could of just used the "read data folder first" patch and tossed them in the data folder, or use the "read multiple grf's" and edit the DATA.INI files to read a grf with the skill descs in it first, followed by rdata.grf and then data.grf. Tho it sounds like you used a undiffed client.

I heart massive quoting is fun, but can you guys stop? Look at the amount of text you are quoting for a small useless message at the end (this one).
Forgotten
I heart massive quoting is fun, but can you guys stop? Look at the amount of text you are quoting for a small useless message at the end (this one).

I was so tempted to quote that whole thing and just say "Ok."
Rytech
QUOTE (stragy @ Apr 15 2010, 12:31 AM) *

I was so tempted to quote that whole thing and just say "Ok."

I know, right? ani_meh.gif
Brainstorm
Also, i fail at spelling: heard*
Epoque
I literally thought you loved massive quoting, which didn't make sense in the sentence.
Chilly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHVU54yDacc

i quick video i made showing the earth summon tera in action. either theres a bug with defensive mode not giving defense or doddler's site is wrong =\
Rytech
QUOTE (Chilly @ Apr 17 2010, 09:46 PM) *

i quick video i made showing the earth summon tera in action. either theres a bug with defensive mode not giving defense or doddler's site is wrong =\

Thank you sooo sooooooo much for the video. This clears up a few things. Doddler's website is wrong in some places for sure. It shows that the spirit that you get (its size) depends on its mode. I was confused at first, but now that ive seen the summon level calls out the size and you stay with it no matter the mode, thats something I can probely add in.

Now another thing I would like to know is if a wizard or someone can use the Estimation/Sence skill on the spirit. The ID range of these spirits are in the same range as monsters, so you should beable to get info about them. The difference between the 3 levels or sizes should be a good bit. Also im wondering what the cast times are for these skills. I allready got info on iro wiki forums which should be enough.
Chilly
i tried to sense them and it didnt work =(

cast time to summon them seems to be really slow, with 120 dex it took about 2 seconds to summon lvl 1, 2.5 seconds for lvl 2, and 3 seconds for lvl 3. at lvl 108 my summons have about 3k hp at each lvl (without that passive skill that increases their hp), but i heard that higher lvl sorcs have 8k hp on their summons. the higher lvl summon also seems to have a little more flee and hit, but def is about the same for each. atk is much higher for each lvl as you can see in the video, possibly doubled from 1 to 2, and tripled from 1 to 3~
Holger
QUOTE (Chilly @ Apr 18 2010, 01:46 PM) *

Wow, this video is very insightful! thanks for uploading it. [sorry for resurrecting a dead thread lol]
Invision Power Board © 2001-2013

Aion Game Top  Топ 100, Рейтинг серверов Aion — только бесплатные русские сервера Айон, базы знаний, сайты кланов и гильдий

Orphus system